Bankingblocks offers modular financial solutions “blocks” for fintech and payment companies, which they in turn can offer to their customers. These services range from acquiring (Visa, MasterCard, Carte Bancaires, AMEX and JCB), alternative payments and banking services (IBANs) to foreign exchange, clearing, card issuing and everything in between. Bankingblocks’ concept is unique in Europe, since we don’t only offer SWIFT and SEPA payments, but real IBANs as well. At Bankingblocks, we value hard work, perseverance, a can-do attitude, team spirit, open and honest communication, trust, innovation and simplicity.
In this role, you will?
In this role you will work in a ‘start-up’ environment based in our office in Amsterdam, Netherlands. As a Solutions Architect, you are responsible for reviewing current infrastructure, designing and implementing solutions, diagnosing system problems, communicating issues and changes, and identifying opportunities for improvement across the company’s in-house and off-the-shelf systems as well as providing support to both the internal and external stakeholders involved. As a Solutions Architect, you’ll enjoy playing a key role in shaping the future of our open banking platform.
This includes and is not limited to the following tasks:
- You will review and define the application landscape, based on business requirements, policies and standards as applicable in the Bankingblocks company and developments of IT capabilities in the market. The application landscape describes which business services are supported by which applications, and which standards and guidelines apply to the design of these applications and the way these collaborate with both internal and external rules and guidelines as for example demanded by the market and the clients;
- You will design solutions addressing the company’s business requirements in conjunction with the business analyst(s);
- You will implement solutions with the internal or external (i.e. system vendors) IT team to provide the necessary modifications, upgrades, patches or troubleshooting to address the problems identified;
- You will monitor on an ongoing basis the performance of the company’s systems against pre-specified KPIs / SLAs and diagnose system problems. Such analysis is conducted on networks, firewalls, servers, operating systems, applications and devices;
- You will proactively communicate upcoming infrastructure changes to management and work with all stakeholders to smoothen transitions and decrease the possible impact on business downtime;
- You will be able to use your up-to-date knowledge of open banking IT infrastructures to identify opportunities to use emerging technology to increase efficiency and flexibility. In conjunction with the business analyst(s), formulate plans and pitch them to the leadership team.
What do you have to offer?
- You have proven experience in open banking IT infrastructure architecture, data centres, servers and network;
- You have knowledge and skills to install, configure, maintain and support networks;
- You have experience with emerging technologies such as cloud computing, desktop virtualisation and unified communications;
- You have a proven ability to liaise with multiple 3rd party vendors and collaborate on managing systems, designing new product specifications based on business requirements, modifying existing workflows, addressing and escalating issues and managing stakeholder expectations;
- You are able to efficiently manage payment-processing crises in a manner that is effective for customers based on SLA’s;
- Aptness to identify and resolve any bugs and generates ideas for system improvements;
- You have strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills with business acumen;
- You have a preparedness to work in an autonomous environment and report to the respective project management / technical teams effectively (matrix structure);
- You have a background in financial services, preferably open banking and payments processing;
- You are in internationally oriented, as shown in your language skills; beside the mother tongue, proficient English and French is a condition, German and/or Spanish language capabilities are a pre.
When you join Bankingblocks, we offer a challenging function in a growing international organization with big opportunities and challenges where architects are important contributors to innovation and continuous improvement. You’ll be a part of a knowledgeable team of curious and motivated people. You’ll receive a competitive salary, benefits package and free daily lunches. The unique opportunity to join training sessions hosted by leading industry experts, and you will learn about the latest in fintech, banking, payments, and technology.
If you have a keen eye for detail, enjoy connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Bankingblocks is the place for you.
** Recruitment Agencies – Calls are not wanted and will not be put forward! Thank you for your understanding.